Program and Event Updates and Corrections
Program Corrections and Event Updates
Program book updates are listed by the entry number and name for each Preservation Partner, not the page number, located in the Program Guide. Specific corrections are in BOLD. Please note that some corrections may refer to an earlier digital edition. To refer back to the full event information download the 2017 Phoenix Flies Program Guide here. For full reservation information and FAQs, please vist the reservation page. To request or report a correction, please contact us at (404) 688-3353 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Partner numbers: It has come to our attention that in the Events By Day listing there are several shifts in Partner numbering, such as 787 Windsor is 99, not 100. Please refer back to the Partner's full entry to re-confirm the information.
- The Rails to the Future tour is full and no longer accepting reservations. We have wait-list availability only for upcoming tours of Atlanta-Fulton Library, Eastlake Golf Club, Goodrum House, and Piedmont Driving Club.
6. Atlanta Beltline Partnership
The reservation hyperlinks for these tours should be as follows:
- Sunday, March 5: abpphoenixfliesmarch5.eventbrite.com
- Thursday, March 9: abpphoenixfliesmarch9.eventbrite.com
8. Atlanta & Edgewood Street Railway Company
The description for this event should read that it is an open house, not guided tour.
11. The Atlanta Opera
We regret to inform you that due to illness, the Atlanta Opera presentation scheduled for Sunday, March 19 at 2pm has been cancelled.
12. The Atlanta Preservation Center
- The Atlanta Preservation Center's entry for the guided walking tour of Grant Park omitted the day of the event. This tour will be held on Sunday, March 12.
- For the Rails to the Future Underground Atlanta tour, please contact email@example.com. Do not call 404-521-6600.
- Due to an unforseen circumstances, the Box City for Friday, March 10 at 3pm has been cancelled. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for availability on March 19 and 22.
15. Atlanta Woman's Club
The Events By Day section erroneously lists a Tuesday, March 21 tour of the Wimbish House. This is incorrect; there is not a tour scheduled for this date.
The Events By Day entry at the rear of the program guide incorrectly lists the time of this event. The correct time start time for this event is 3pm.
17. Bass Lofts
Important Parking Information: Please pull onto the property at Bass Lofts, across the street from the Variety Playhouse. Veer to the left and the tour personnel will buzz visitors in from the callbox in front the crossing arm. Guests should park in the guest lot and enter the building at the first set of double doors off the circle.
42. Georgia Capitol Museum
Please note that there is only one tour for this partner; it is Tuesday, March 7 at 1pm.
48. The Hammonds House Museum
Both of the events at the Hammonds House will be held on Saturdays, March 11 and 18.
54. Historic Washington Park
The caption for this photo should be labeled as Heman Perry.
55. Historic Westside Cultural Arts Council
The tour The Black Church As the Cultural Womb of the African American Community will be held on Sunday, March 19 at 1pm.
The Whitehead Memorial Room tours are erroneously listed as Thursdays in the Events By Day section at the back of the program book. The correct dates are Fridays March 10, 17, and 24 at 3pm.
The meeting point for the Doll's Head Trail Tour is 1305 South River Industrial Blvd SE Atlanta, GA 30315. Or, head for the crossroads of Moreland Ave. and S. River Industrial Blvd SE; you'll see a sign for Constitution Lakes Park.
64. M. H. Mitchell
The Events by Day listings for this partner should read 64, not 65.
72. Piedmont Park Conservancy
The Piedmont Park Conservancy will be offering a tour on Thursday, March 23 at 11 am. Reservations required; call 404-875-7275 or email email@example.com.
73. Rialto Center for the Arts
The date should read Tuesday, March 14 at 10 am. Reservations are required for this event. Please contact (404) 688-3353 ext. 15.
79. St. Anne's Episcopal Church
The correct date and time for this event should be 10 am on Saturday, March 11. The other dates listed for this event are not valid.
86. Terry Kearns, Architecture Tourist
The presentation by Terry Kerns will be held on Sunday, March 26. The Events by Day listing for this event partner should read 86, not 87.
87. Theatrical Outfit
Time correction: This event will take place at 11am, not 11am-4pm.
89. Trees Atlanta
The website for this partner is http://www.treesatlanta.org, not ".com".
The Events by Day listing for this partner should read 89, not 90.
The Event by Day descriptions for the Trees Atlanta walking tours are reversed. The correct events and tour dates match the full partner entry and should be in the Events by Day as follows:
- "Sylvan Hills Neighborhood Arboretum" will be held on Friday, March 17 at 1 pm.
- "Historic and Champion Trees of Cascade Springs" will be held on Friday, March 24 at 1 pm.
91. Utoy Cemetery Association
The morning and afternoon tours scheduled for Saturday, March 18th have been cancelled.
93. Watson Brown Foundation (the Goodrum House)
The weekend date for the tour of the Watson Brown Foundation (the Goodrum House)was omitted in the Events By Day section of the program. The listing for this event partner should read Watson Brown Foundation - Goodrum House Guided Tour - Sunday, March 19, 1 pm" on page 75.
94. WERD Radio/Madame CJ Walker Museum
The correct time for this event is 2pm, not 3pm as listed on pg. 64 of the program.